Mardi Himal trek is less traveled route in Annapurna region. It is best to experience the brilliance of solitary ever snow capped peaks and great opportunity of an excellent cultural experience and venture of Machhapuchhare Base camp. The exotic and interesting trail wanders through lush valleys, alpine meadows, lichen-laden dense forests, numerous streams and waterfalls, all the while the fascinating mountain sceneries glossy upon the close horizon. The path is so less used and non touristy that you feel like embarking upon a discovery expedition.
the trail starts from the very beautiful city Pohkara having chance to boat in Phewa Lake and enjoy spectacular views. The trail goes through the pine, Juniper and rhododendron dense forest with raging rivers making sound then different route takes us steeply down to the upper Mardi Khola. The stream has been the ice and the snow of the Mardi Himal. The trail follows through the lovely rice terrace, unique culture villages and spectacular views of livery mountains.. The journey of Mardi Himal Trekking ascends through the forest and actuality wildlife. Mardi Himal trekking offers superb Himalayan scenery including the Mt. Dhauglagiri, Mt. Annapurna Ranges, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Fish tail (Machhapuchhare) etc.
hiking on this route will give you a great place to get a taste of the real thing if you are light on alpine experience. The climbing trip can be combined with a trekking adventure in the remote steep-sided valleys heavily wooded with bamboo and rhododendron. Above the forest high alpine pastures provide good grazing and undisturbed habitat for wildlife. It prominence on the wilderness zone of mountains designed to provide outstanding mountain views, and to get away from the tea-house trails and into the forests and villages that have not felt the impact of tourism.
Day 01: Greetings at Kathmandu Airport
Day 02: A full day recreational tour of Kathmandu, the capital valley
Day 03: Flight or Drive to Pokhara, take a 25 minutes flight or 6-7 hour drive
Day 04: Pokhara to Dhampus (1600m)
Day 05: Dhampus to Forest Camp (2480m)
Day 06: Forest Camp to Low camp (3150m)
Day 07: Low Camp to High Camp (4100m)
Day 08: Rest day at High Camp (4100m)
Day 09: High Camp to Siding Village (1280m)
Day 10: Siding Village to Pokhara
Day 11: Pokhara to Kathmandu, Take a 25 minutes flight or 6/7 hour Drive.
Day 12: Final Departure
Greetings at Kathmandu Airport
We will meet you at airport and transfer to your hotel. As you freshen up after your long journey, you will be asked to visit our office for a briefing about your program. You will have meeting with your trekking guide and discuss about the equipment needed for the trekking and we will process for the trekking permits. If you arrive at night we will have same discussion in next day morning after your breakfast.
Day 2:A full day recreational tour of Kathmandu, the capital valley
The very next morning, after breakfast you will be taken for a full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley. You can visit center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath Temple and Swyambhunath, very ancient and essentially enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage sites. The biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhnath might make you feel calm and peace and visit Patan the city of fine arts and Durbar Square is full of Hindu temples and Buddhist monuments. On journey back to hotel, you can explore the local areas, gullies and lifestyle. After your dinner, you can perhaps take leisurely stroll through the famous streets like Thamel and Durbarmarg.
Day 3:Flight or Drive to Pokhara
After having your breakfast, we will drive you to the Domestic Airport to take a 25 minutes flight to Pokhara. Or if you wish you can take a Tourist bus to Pokhara about 6-7 hour drive exploring & enjoying with scenic beauty all the way around. In the evening, a boating trip on Phewa Lake will be followed where you can enjoy the spectacular views of Annapurna Himalaya Range reflected in all it’s glory in the calm green water of the lake.
Day 4:Pokhara to Dhampus (1600m)
Take a 30min drive to roadside shacks of Phedi. The start of the trail heads up the hill on a set of steps across the road. The main part of Dhampus valley is on the top of the ridge, more than 500m above. The area is inhabited by Brahmins, Chhetris and few Gurungs. Crossing the dirt road a couple of times and stone staircases makes the trail more adventuring. The spectacular panoramic view of Annapurna Himalayan range makes your overnight camping much greater.
Day 5:Dhampus to Forest Camp (2480m)
It’s a total of 6 hours work today. The trek enters an enchanted forest of birch, giant rhododendron, mountain oak, maple, hemlock, and daphnia. The overnight camping here enjoys relaxation after a long tough but adventuring trail.
Day 6:Forest Camp to Low camp (3150m)
As we climb, the flora has turned to classic ‘cloud forest’ with mosses and lichen, tree ferns and orchids hosted by the hardier trees. There are windows in the woods that look out onto the thrilling panorama – close up dramatic scenery of sacred Mt. Machhapuchhare, Mardi Himal and Annapurna chains.
Day 7:Low Camp to High Camp (4100m)
We have our early breakfast and start trekking to reach our highest point of the trek. If conditions are favorable we will climb up to 15,000/16,000 ft. The great ice fields and the blue glaciers of the Annapurna sanctuary walls lie below us. The view we capture today will be never forgotten. We will return to our camp in the evening.
Day 8:Rest day
Today will be our rest day as we hike a lot on the previous day. Also you can make a short hiking over around viewing and have an essence of discovery expedition.
Day 9:High Camp to Siding Village (1280m)
After breakfast, today journey start an unhurried descent through the shade of the forest and out on to the terraced fields, down 1600m. This is a different route down to the upper Mardi Khola. Here, as we make our way along the banks of the Mardi Khola from the hill-side village of Siding, down through the lovely fields, passing the simple farms and over the interesting suspension bridges. There is no doubt that this is indeed the idyllic Nepal Countryside. Overnight at camp.
Day 10:Siding Village to Pokhara
After a short walk now the trail skirts an outcrop- there’s the road and transport. We will be back to Pokhara by the lunch. You’re free here to feel the moderate climate and sceneries of this Magic land or Dream Land of Nepal. Explore the various interesting places like Mahendra Cave, David’s fall and the various lakes of course.
Day 11:Pokhara to Kathmandu, Take a 25 minutes flight or 6/7 hour Drive.
You can take a flight or drive by tourist bus/Private car to Kathmandu. At the evening you can have your last night in Nepal enjoying the Nepali cultural dinner show, taking some beautiful snaps and making up your mind for the returning journey. You can have a greetings exchanging among friends and with all Nepalese people.
Day 12:Final Departure
We will take you to the International Airport with due respect Wish you a happy journey back to our home and hope to see you again.
(The above itinerary can be tailor made as per clients request, we can make the itinerary more shorter by cutting day 02 city tour, there is early morning 8 am flight to Pokhara which is only 25 minutes flight so we can start the trek in same day, can take a fly back also late afternoon, So people have short time wanted to do this trek also possible, people who have longer time can add the White Water Rafting, Jungle safari tour in Chitwan National park, can spend more time in Pokhara by doing Paragliding, Zeep Flyer and other extra activities so feel free to write us your interest and time and we will make the itinerary to suites your needs).
Adam Travel Trekking have made every effort to keep our price as competitive as possible, by still providing an excelling service to our customer. We pay our porters and guide the legal wages agreed with the porters union, our trekking staffs are some of the best paid in Nepal which allow us to attract only the best guides and porters and we have same amount of Insurance for guide and porter which is more than Government fixed amount. All our price are net and there are no hidden cost everything is clear on cost includes and excludes this is the main reason all our customer are happy from our service. For up to date cost for the trip please contact us.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Hotel Accommodation in Pokhara on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Trekking Permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Annapurna Trek
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Adam Travel duffel bag. ( If you need, please let us know before you book the trip and remind us in our pre- meeting at our office)
- Pokhara to treks start point Nayapul and trek finish point Phedi to Pokhara transport by Private vehicle
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and back to Kathmandu transport by tourist bus. (if you want to take a flight or want to travel by private vehicle is available, by adding extra cost)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Adam Travel Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot shower
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.